Joly Begins First Day as Best Buy CEO
Hubert Joly began his first day today as Best Buy's President and Chief Executive Officer. Joly was appointed to the position by the Richfield-based company's board of directors in August.
Joly will spend his first week on the job working as a Blue Shirt employee in several Best Buy locations around the Twin Cities.
"Best Buy is a company with an amazing history, enormous assets and great opportunities," Joly said in a news release. "I am eager to start working with everybody at Best Buy to define and take the actions that will allow us to win in the marketplace, and to be seen by all of our stakeholders as the best buy."
(Photo courtesy: Best Buy)
- WEB CHAT: Best Buy Cuts 400 Employees
- Minn. Based Best Buy Cuts 400 Employees at Headquarters
- Timeline: Best Buy's Latest Struggles & Notable Moments
- Best Buy Launching New Price-Matching Guarantee
- Best Buy Hopes to Change Image
- Best Buy Makes Major Changes to Leadership
- Best Buy Chief Financial Advisor Leaving
- Joly Begins First Day as Best Buy CEO
- Best Buy Founder Offers to Buy Company, Take it Private
- Best Buy Subleases Space in Corp. Headquarters