SEA LIFE Minnesota at Mall of America Hosts Blood Drive - with Sharks
SEA LIFE Minnesota at Mall of America wants you to give blood – with sharks.
The aquarium is hosting a blood drive from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday. The blood donation tables are set up next to a shark tank.
Donors will also get a free pass to SEA LIFE to use anytime.
The blood is for the American Red Cross, which has a lower than usual supply this summer.
According to the American Red Cross, in order to donate blood, you must:
- Be healthy, meaning that you feel well and can perform normal activities. Chronic conditions must be treated and under control.
- Be at least 17 years old, or 16 years old with parental consent
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Be free of antibiotics for 24 hours, unless taken daily for skin condition
Here is the frequency with which you can donate:
- Blood (whole blood): Every 56 days
- Platelets: Every 7 days, up to 24 times per year
- Plasma: Every 28 days, up to 13 times per year
- Double Red Cells: Every 112 days, up to 3 times per year
For more information about SEA LIFE, visit our Links page.