Dayton Orders Flags Lowered to Honor Colo. Victims
Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton is ordering flags lowered to half-staff to honor victims of the Colorado movie theater massacre.
Dayton signed a proclamation ordering all flags at state buildings in Minnesota lowered to half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Saturday.
In his proclamation, Dayton says "a terrible act of violence was committed against innocent men, women, and children in Aurora, Colorado."
A gunman threw gas canisters and opened fire on an audience watching a midnight showing of the new Batman movie in the Denver suburb, killing 12 people and wounding nearly 60 others.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lawyers: Experts Diagnose James Holmes' Mental Illness
- Colorado Shootings Suspect to Enter Insanity Plea
- Lawyers Hint at Insanity Plea without James Holmes' OK
- Holmes Psychiatrist Warned of Threat Before Attack
- Trial for James Holmes Delayed Until At Least Next Year
- Colo. Theater Reopens, Months after Mass Shooting
- Some Victims Attend Ceremony at Colo. Theater
- Delay in Plea by Holmes Disturbs Victims, Families
- Judge: Colorado Shooting Suspect to Face Trial
- Colo. Theater Shooting 'Mini-Trial' Ends