The School Alert Program (the “Program”) is a collaboration of KSTP –TV, LLC; KSTP- FM, LLC; KSTP – AM, LLC; WFMP - FM, LLC (“Hubbard”) (collectively, “Sponsors”) offered as a community service to assist persons in dealing with situations caused by unexpected weather events in the Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota area (the “Area”). These Program Rules govern registration in, participation in, and implementation of the Program.
PERSONS REGISTERING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM (“REGISTRANTS” or “YOU”) AND RECEIVE ALERTS FULLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSORS, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING WITH RESPECT TO THE PROGRAM. AT THEIR SOLE DISCRETION, SPONSORS MAY CHANGE THESE PROGRAM RULES OR DISCONTINUE OR CHANGE THE PROGRAM WITHOUT NOTICE. ALSO SEE THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY LANGUAGE BELOW IN PARAGRAPH 6
1. Description: Under the Program, Sponsors notify wireless customers via text messaging of important weather related information applicable to the Area, such as school closings and delays, severe and winter weather warnings, snow emergencies, and any other condition or events determined by the Sponsors (the “Alerts”). Persons can register in the Program as described in Paragraph 4 below.
2. Eligibility: The Program is available to any Registrant registering their wireless handset that receives text messages. Alerts are not received on handsets that are not capable of receiving text messages or on landline phones. Registrants can be customers of any wireless carrier in the Area. Registrants should be the account holder or have the consent of the account holder for the wireless number registered in the Program. Handsets must have an area code local to the Area to participate. Handsets that are registered without an area code local to the Area will not receive Alerts.
3. Cost: Registration in the Program is free. Your wireless carrier may charge you for each Alert (or for opt-out text messages as described in Paragraph 4 below) if your service plan or carrier charges for text messages. You are responsible for payment of those charges. Check with your wireless carrier for applicable text messaging rates.
4. How to Register: You may register a handset in the Program by completing an electronic registration form on-line that is accessible through the websites for the radio and television stations owned or operated by Hubbard, including KSTP-FM, KSTP-AM, WFMP-FM, and KSTP-TV. The registration form will require your wireless telephone number, the schools for which the Alerts will be sent, and other information needed by Sponsors for participation in the Program. You may opt-out and remove your handset from the Program by accessing the registration page or by responding to the Alerts with a text message indicating the phone number of the handset to remove from the Program. Handsets must be registered during each annual Program period, which typically runs from October through April (the “Program Period”), as registrations in one Program Period does not carry over to and is not effective in subsequent Program Periods.
5. Program Limitations: Limit of one (1) registration per handset. Sponsors are not responsible for the consequences of multiple registrations of a single wireless number, such as multiple text messaging charges. Your first Alert can be expected approximately 48 hours after registration. Sponsors are not responsible for registrations that are incomplete or that list incorrect numbers. Alerts will not be received where your wireless carrier has no or inadequate coverage. Check with your wireless carrier for a map of the area where you can expect reliable wireless coverage.
6. Limitations of Liability/Release: Sponsors are not responsible or liable for: (a) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, handset, cable, network, hardware or software; (b) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any wireless transmissions or telephone, including failures in the wireless network of your wireless carrier; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the registration or Alert process, including the assignment of a wireless number to a person other than the Registrant or the registration of a wireless number by someone other than the owner of the number; (d) electronic or human error that occurs in the administration of the Program; (e) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to the registered wireless phone that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from registration in the Program; or (f) inaccurate or untimely information. You release the Sponsors from all liability, damages, costs, expenses, and claims associated with any of the events described in subparts 6(a) through 6(f) above as it relates to registration and participation in the Program. You acknowledge that the Sponsors have not made, nor are they in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Program.
7. Your Personal Information: Information that you supply to Sponsors, such as your wireless phone number, will not be transferred, sold or traded to third parties and will be used for no purpose other than for participation in the Program.
a. KSTP –TV, LLC; KSTP- FM, LLC; KSTP – AM, LLC; WFMP - FM, LLC; 3415 University Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55114.